Louis D’Angelo

Date of Death: October 13, 2015
candle-small flame
Allen Memorial Light a candle Light a candle
Light a Candle
Flowers & Gifts

Arrangements starting at $35

Location Not Available
Saturday 10/17, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Location Not Available
Saturday 10/17, 11:00 am

Louis A. D’Angelo, loving husband, father, grandfather and friend, passed away peacefully into the misty, morning light on October 13, 2015 embraced by his adoring family. “Grappy,” most often seen clad in bright orange, had a smile, wit, sense of humor, generosity and zest for life brighter than any shade of color he wore. It wasContinue Reading

Philip Terrence left a message on October 15, 2015:
I want to tell you about MY BEST FRIEND, Louie. My name is Philip Terrence and between 1958 and 1962, I lived at 1301 Hillside Drive in Vestal- just up the street from Marge and Dan and Louie’s house. I was the youngest in a large (7 kids) family, all of whom it seemed knew at least 1 D’Angelo- more likely 2 or 3. I think Louie and I met when my Mom & Dad thought it would be a good idea for me to join the Cub Scouts. The meetings for our den, it turned out were held at Louie’s house, and from that moment on Louie and I were inseparable. Marge was the den mother and we did great stuff, like making root beer from scratch, making boot jacks and learning how to whittle, all in search of the next merit badge at Friday night’s pack meeting at the Baptist Church down on Front St. But Louie and I took it much further than that. We spent virtually every bit of free time together for those 4 years. We were NEVER at a loss for what to do. There was the cool ride down Edgewood Rd to the Cities Service Gas Station for a bottle of Grape soda, a walk up the trail to the 3 meadows at the top of the mountain behind our house. That was especially nice during lightning bug season. There was our “Traveling Snake Circus Show”, in which we’d catch garter snakes, put em’ in our shirts, decorate our bikes, and ride around in search of an audience. And there was just not a house construction site that we didn’t visit AFTER the workers went home. Louie’s house had a pretty good hill in the side yard. We spent hours on end shooting each other with dirt plugs from an air rifle, then “dying” and rolling down that hill. You’d get points for drama and length of roll. When it was time to go home, more often than not, Marge would just set another plate for me at supper. She was so kind ! After school let out for the summer, Louie would invite me up to “The Farm” in Castle Creek. God, it was awesome! Well water from a pump in the kitchen, big farmhouse windows to look out on the barn and the fields beyond,... an outhouse (!), and a pond, where the legendary “Big Mike” lived. My Dad passed away in December of ’61, and we had to move back to Long Island, but I’ve treasured all those memories for all these long years, and revisit them often in my mind’s eye. I love them. I have a picture in my living room of Louie and me in front of Our Lady of Sorrows Church, taken on the day of our confirmation. We’re squinting and smiling, with our arms around each other’s shoulders. It allows me to tell whoever happens to see it about MY BEST FRIEND, Louie.
Allen Memorial left a message:
Please accept our deepest condolences for your family's loss.
Show More